Updated March 12, 2020
What information do we collect and how is it collected?
We collect information about you as set forth below (collectively the “personal data”) using the following means:
- When you register on the Website, place items in your shopping cart, enter a contest or sweepstakes with Daniel House, respond to a survey or communication from Daniel House including via e-mail, or participate in another feature on our Website, we collect your name, email-address, phone number, and other contact information.
- When you place an order through our Website, we collect your contact information, including email address, mailing address and telephone number, credit card information, and other information necessary for us to process your order.
- When submitting a customer service inquiry via webform, e-mail or telephone, we collect your name, email-address, phone number, and other contact information.
- We may collect personal information about you such as your name, username and any other information you provide to us when you make contributions to or participate in our blogs, message boards, online forums, live chat, and make any other submissions to us pursuant to the terms set forth in our Terms and Conditions.
- When submitting a company or product review or using the question and answer module through our website our email, we collect your name, e-mail address, review content, and review image.
- We may collect information about you from any third-party social media accounts including your email address book associated with a third-party social media account that you allow us to have access to, as further detailed in our Terms and Conditions.
- We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect and retain information about your IP address, equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect about you in the following ways (collectively the “Purposes”):
- To personalize your Website experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service and support requests.
- To provide you with information, products and services that you request from us.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer contests, promotions, surveys or other Website features.
- To notify you of our changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through the Website.
- To carry out our obligations between you and us and to carry out our obligations in any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To serve you tailored advertising based on your provided information and data obtained from the use of our website.
- For marketing of our products and services to you and others.
- To conduct research for the further development of products and services offered on our Website.
- If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, we may use your email address to send you periodic newsletter emails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional emails from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and “members-only” content will be given a choice of whether they would like to be on our email list and receive email communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your account with us is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We implement a variety of technical and organizational security measures to maintain the security of your personal data. Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information conﬁdential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be accessed by a limited number of persons.
It is also your responsibility to prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal data by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Do we use “cookies”?
You may choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you may choose to turn off all cookies. Turning off cookies can be done through your browser (such as Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Explorer) settings. Each browser is somewhat different, and therefore we suggest using your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you will not have access to many features that make your Website experience more efﬁcient. With disabled cookies, some of our services on the Website will not function properly. If you experience challenges with the Website after disabling cookies, you may place orders over the telephone by contacting our Customer Service department at 971-333-3133.
How do we respond to “do not track” settings or signals?
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not been adopted, our website does not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Daniel House takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around “Do Not Track” browser technology and the implementation of a standard. To learn more about “Do Not Track”, please visit All About Do Not Track.
Do we use Third-Parties to process your personal data?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information about you collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business and strictly pursuant to instructions by Daniel House.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal data unless (a) we provide you with advance notice, except as described below; (b) we are required to do so by law or subpoena or (c) we believe that such action is necessary to (i) conform to the law, comply with the legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities, (ii) to take precaution against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claim or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, or to protect the security or integrity of our Website or our products and promotions or (iii) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Company, its employees, agents, or assigns or others. The term "outside parties" does not include, and we may disclose personal information to, our subsidiaries and affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use in operation of our Website, conducting Daniel House business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep your personal data confidential.
We may provide personal data to other parties for analytics, marketing, advertising, payment, and fraud detection purposes. These parties will have access to your personal data as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to not disclose or use personal data for other purposes.
In the future, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings from or to third parties. Customer, email and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We retain your personal data for as long as your account with Daniel House is in existence or as needed to service you in connection with the products and services offered on our Website.
How can you opt-out OF COMMUNICATIONS?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section on our Website. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive emails already in production.
HOW CAN YOU AND ACCESS, CORRECT, UPDATE, OR REQUEST A COPY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We provide you with options related to the collection, use and retention of your personal data. You may access and correct your personal data through your account. If you are unable to correct your personal data through your account, you may email us at email@example.com. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal data is deleted or corrected. You may also request a copy of your personal data in machine readable format.
HOW CAN YOU OBJECT TO THE COLLECTION, RETENTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You may request that we stop collecting, using and retaining all or some of your personal data if we no longer have a legal right to use your personal data. You may request that we limit the use of your personal data if your personal data is inaccurate, or the processing unlawful.
HOW CAN YOU REQUEST TO HAVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA DELETED?
To delete all of your personal data from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our Website and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses and payment information. Please note that we may retain your personal data (and information about an individual sales transaction) in order to service that transaction. We may retain personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We may retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
Information you have shared with us when you participate in our blogs, message boards, online forums and when you make any other submissions will remain visible after you close your account or delete your personal data. To request that any personal data you provided in our blog, message boards or online forums offered by us be deleted, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN YOU TERMINATE OUR ACCESS TO YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT(S)?
If you have granted us access to your third-party service provider account(s) by either providing your login information through our Website or allowing us access to your third-party service provider account(s) under your consent to the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of the third party service provider account(s), you may disable the connection between your account with us and the third-party service provider account by changing your account preferences in the settings or emailing us at email@example.com.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under age 16, do not use or provide any information on our Website or make any purchases through our Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from, or about, a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies and may collect personal data. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a speciﬁc link does not work).
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The EU privacy law General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective May 25, 2018, requires companies that collect, retain and use personal data of EU citizens to protect the personal data and to take technical and organizational measures to ensure that the level of security is appropriate to the risks posed by personal data. We are committed to GDPR compliance in our online transactions with EU citizens and provide GDPR related rights in this Policy.
DATA CONTROLLER; Questions and feedback
2328 NW Westover Rd
Portland, Oregon 97210
LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We will only collect and process your personal data when we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include when you give your consent, when processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and other legitimate purposes pursuant to applicable law (we may process your personal data for purposes of our legitimate interest provided they do not outweigh your rights and freedoms, such as to enable us to administer our business, provide quality control and customer service, manage transactions, improve our customer relations and to comply with applicable laws). If you have questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect your personal data, please contact us at the email provided above. You may withdraw your consent to the use and processing of your personal data by following the steps provided in the sections above on objecting to the processing of your personal data, deleting your personal data, cookies and do not track signals, and opting out of email newsletters.
Online Policy Only
This Policy applies only to information collected through our Website and not to information collected ofﬂine.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Website.
CONSENT TO THE COMPANY’S COLLECTION, RETENTION AND USE OF MY PERSONAL DATA
By providing my email address or other contact information, I consent to the Company using such contact information to communicate with me regarding the Website, the Company’s products, promotions, events and updates. I also consent to Daniel House using my email address to send Website related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communications by postal mail. I understand and acknowledge that I have the right to opt-out of this consent by following the Opt-Out instructions provided in this Policy.
I Understand and acknowledge that the Company may share my personal data to third parties such as set forth in this Policy.
I understand and acknowledge that I have the right to access personal data about me that is collected, stored and used by the Company, request A COPY OF MY PERSONAL DATA IN MACHINE READABLE FORMAT, AND REQUEST that such personal data is corrected, or deleted.
I further understand and acknowledge that I have the right to restrict the collection, retention and use of my personal data, object to the collection, retention and use by the Company of personal data about me, and the right to withdraw my consent to the collection, retention and use of such personal data BY CONTACTING DANIEL HOUSE PURSUANT TO THE NOTICE TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Any notices or requests regarding the collection and use of personal data may be sent to:
2328 NW Westover Rd
Portland, Oregon 97210